Wednesday 29 October 2008

Bristol Old Vic

My daughter said that if typed my full name, John Graham Jones, on Google search, I would find my website first on the list. Which must make me famous.
But it doesn't. First on the list or not, I don't get many "hits" per week. I don't want to be famous anyway - rich yes, famous no. Unless, of course, if famous meant becoming rich.
Anyway, just below my name was another Graham Jones only this was a hyphenated one: Sebastian Graham-Jones. It was his obituary as printed in The Independent.
I didn't know him but remember seing him in quite a lot of productions many years ago at The Theatre Royal where the Bristol Old Vic used to perform.
The obituary didn't mention that he spent some time there as an actor; it drew more attention to his directing skills.
Last year The Bristol Old Vic died too. But it has resurrected itself and re-opens in November this year.
Glad to hear it. I believe they have refurbished the beautiful old Theatre Royal at which many of our now famous actors began their careers.

No comments: