Monday 27 August 2012

Prince Harry

"D'you mean to tell me that that geezer of a bloke is third in line to the throne?"
"I do."
"But he's just a jerk, a bit of a fool, a nerd with no more sense than a worm."
"Wrong. He's well educated...."
"Eton I suppose."
"Yes. Then Cambridge or Oxford, one of the two."
"S'pose they gave him easy passes."
"II don't think so. He's quite intelligent, I'm told."
"Intelligent? Getting hisself photographed naked with his balls in his hand? I call that stupidity myself."
"The lad was just having a bit of fun, that's all."
"All very well I dare say 'cept that all the rest of us have got our heads down trying to make ends meet."
 "Sowing wild oats while he's still young."
"Young! He ain't young. He's twenty eight. That's old. Old enough to know better anyway. I wonder what the army thinks of him."
"Well, the upper reaches of the army, I'm told, haven't taken too kindly to his behaviour."
"I'm not surprised, him being a hofficer and all. Fine thing for a hofficer with ordinary blokes under him to be cavortisising with a group of unclad young tarts - setting a good example, eh?"
"He'll grow out if this like Prince Hal."
"Who he?"
"Shakespeare's Prince Hal in Henry the Fifth: fun loving, womanising, jesting and joking when he was young then, when he became King, he dropped all his friends like Sir John Falstaff and became a man, taking on the French at Agincourt and licking them."
"How old was this Prince Hal before he changed?"
"O quite young, early twenties I'd say."
"Not twenty eight."
"No."
"So he wasn't still cavortisising at twenty eight."
"No."
"I think most people, 'specially those who work hard for the general good of this country, would tell him it's time he grew up. Don't you think so?"
"I suppose so."

No comments: